Thursday, September 18, 2014

EOC 10: Authority

When it comes to an evaluation, I have only ever had one kind of evaluation during my first retail job. I feel that the evaluation for this job, wasn't a good one, they literally gave me, if i have to put it in test percentage they gave me a 70%. I don't really remember the questions or statements of this evaluation because it was a little over a year, but I remember them saying that I need to work harder. "Traditional performance appraisal systems frequently emphasized employees' negative characteristics. While performance management systems identify and correct employee weaknesses, they also recognize, reinforce, and reward employees' strengths" Working harder was not a concern for me, I would literally bust my butt every time I clocked into work. and they never showed any time of appreciation to how hard I as working, and for them to over work me during the time I was working and having me do about 12-15 hours a day or every time I work, with only one 30 minute break, was s wrong. Knowing the things I know now has helped me realized that I should have stood up to this company and made them realize how they were working their employees. "Performance appraisal is the employee evaluation component of a performance management process. An effective process yields clear employee goals and an objective rating of goal attainment."